Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Freshened Up the Hoosier for Spring

Hi everyone, how are you… I hope good and that you are enjoying some spring weather! Right now we are having sunshine, Yay!!!
I repainted the hoosier with Polished Pearl by Behr said to be a match of ASCP old white.
hoosier 1214 012
I had painted it with a shade of gray from Valspar and really didn’t care for it, it had to much blue in it for me.
hoosier 001
An artist I’m not.lol, but it will have to do, I don’t know if you know this but my favorite season is Spring some like Fall more
but not me.
hoosier 1214 005
I didn’t change the top to much, just added a trophy that I found at TJMaxx.
hoosier 1214 013
I’m loven the brass colored letters on the book spines too.
hoosier 1214 006
I’ve also been trying a different styling on it, trouble is everything looks good on it!
hoosier 1214 011
See what I mean!
I don’t know about the lampshade though, had it and decided to see what it looked liked, I have two gift cards for PB so I
may buy the burlap one, the one on it is from Target. I also need to add one more thing to make it an odd number.
funny what you see after the picture is taken;) Oh, how do you like the crock lamp on the hoosier, found it a good 5 years ago for $5.00.
hoosier 1214 019
Love the old with the new!
hoosier 1214 003
Now on to my next paint project!
hoosier 1214 004
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Rondell

21 comments:

ANNE said...

It looks perfectly sweet Rondell! and I love your artwork!

Anonymous said...

I just love your hoosier! I had one years ago but had to sell it when we moved to a place that didn't have room for it. Oh how I regret that now! I also love that scale. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly - join us!

Number Fifty-Three said...

Love the color & how you have it styled! I've been really into white lately!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Hoosier Cupboard painted white. I like the crock lamp...but I really, really like the old basket and scale on it!!
hugs,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell. I love your new paint job on the hoosier! I love the white, it's just so fresh. You've dressed her up very nicely too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

Natasha in Oz said...

Everything looks so happy, fresh and Spring-y! Hope you enjoy the warmer temps. Happy Spring!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your hoosier, it is so pretty and you have such great vignettes. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Great fresh up! I like it white, and I agree its a much better fit. I like the Target shade on your crock lamp too. Gotta go with whats in your heart!

Dawn said...

It looks fantastic :)

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Such a sweet hoosier and I love the lamp. I always see the brown crocks but haven't seen a blue one yet...I wouldn't have been able to pass it up either!

Betty said...

It looks great. David and I had one of those when we got married. Wished I kept it now.

Christine at Little Brags said...

Looking gorgeous!!! luv the chalk board accents!

Stacey said...

Wonderful! Hoosiers are such useful but beautiful pieces. I know you have fun changing it up.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love your hoosier, Rondell! The chalkboards are a fun touch!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the new color! It looks really pretty. xoxo

Dede said...

The new color definitely says "Spring!"

Gina said...

The new paint colors looks wonderful, Rondell! Your cabinet looks like a fun piece to accessorize.

Debbie said...

I love your hoosier, and the way you've decorated it, Rondell! Spring is my favorite time of year, too.
Have fun painting your next project.
xoxo

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

You can never go wrong with white. I love the chalkboard doors and the button jar on the scale! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I think your hoosier is amazing and always looks wonderful, no matter what changes you make.

Cristina Garay said...

Love your hoosier, Rondell! I think the new color goes much better with it. I can totally picture you adding things and taking others out, it's always like that :) Love the wire basket and the scale holding the jar full of buttons, pretty!