Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Friday Finds


I’m keeping my promise to myself to go to as many yardsales as I can this summer but have found out I like the community ones the best don’t you?
Here’s what I’ve found:
I’ve fallen in love with the baseball in a jar look so far I have four, two I found at a yardsale, one I found and I can’t remember about the other one. Just have to find more to fill up a big pickle jar!
washstand and online pics 010

Really cute don’t you think? A little chicken on this pitcher the price was to good to leave her there!
washstand and online pics 008
Wuthering Heights, I’ve never read it so for .25 I bought it to try!
washstand and online pics 009
I also found a new piece of pottery, at first I thought it was a McCoy but when I turned it over I saw this…
washstand and online pics 007
It’s by Cookson and there are some being sold on Ebay, anyway I loved the color gray and the design.

washstand and online pics 006
Here is my favorite, a pair of little cowboy boots for $2.00 as a planter and the lady, who was so nice, gave me the succulents out of her yard for free!

cowboy planter 001
I just used a razor to put a slit in the cowboy boot and stuck the plant right in there!
cowboy planter 003
cowboy planter 004
We had a storm last night that went thur so that’s what you see on the porch from the geraniums:)
Thanks for stopping by I always appreciate it!
I’ll be sharing at:
Be Inspired
Flaunt it Friday
The Inspiration Gallery
Show and Tell
Home Sweet Home

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great finds and treasures. I love the idea of the baseballs, how cute will that be, and the boots are perfect. Hugs, marty

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lots of great finds...love the wonderful boots!

NanaDiana said...

You found some great things-but MY favorite is the boots- xo Diana

Kelly said...

Looks like you found some great goodies! I bet it's fun to get out there and see what you can find each time. Less guilt too with the low prices. I love the succulents you were given. Such a cute idea to plant them in boots.

Decor To Adore said...

All fantastic finds! You'll love Wuthering Heights.

ANNE said...

Cute finds - I love that chicken!!!

Happy Monday xox

Stacey said...

The little chicken pitcher is adorable! I have to tell you - we went on a garden tour at the historic homes in our town a few weeks ago. At one house they used old baseballs at the base of the plants in a pot. It was adorable! I really like the look of them in bowls too.

The Charm of Home said...

I always thought Heathcliff was more violent than they make him out to be in movies. So, I could never read the book without cringing. Hope you enjoy it.
Sherry