Saturday, May 11, 2013

Summer Items for the Front Porch



Hi everyone, how are you today? I hope your enjoying the wonderful weather this spring has brought us.
Recently on a trip to Target I found some items for the front of the door and the rocker that sits on the porch every summer. A welcome mat and a pillow, the mat was on clearance…love when I get a deal like that!

I haven’t filled the window boxes yet because I think I need new ones and DH said he would build them for me but I have to get rid of the couch that is still sitting in the garage first.

Front Porch 2 005
I did get some flowers/hanging baskets at a nursery.
Front Porch 2 004
The one basket I may just keep on the plant stand by the door. I just hope that they don’t die on me. Do any of you use a fertilizer on your flowers? If you do what brand and how do you apply it to the plants?
This is the mat, love the colors blue and green!

Front Porch 2 003
Isn’t this one pretty? Two combinations of flowers, wish I knew what kind there wasn’t any imfo on the hanging baskets which irked me!
Front Porch 2 006

I know this one has a red geranium in it I don’t think I’ll hang it though.

Front Porch 2 007
I love Gerber Daisies and picked up two pots at a roadside stand  and planted them in the green Dollar General pot. The little heart stake is from Annapolis made out of pottery.
Front Porch 2 009
I love all the green, so happy to see it finallySmile


Front Porch 2 008

I’d like to say a thank you to my newest followers and also to the ones who have been for a while, I love having you stop by for a visit!

I’ll be sharing here with these great linky parties:
The Inspiration Gallery @ Craftberry Bush
Be Inspired @ Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

12 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I love Target clearance! The mat has really great colors

angela hodges abode said...

It looks so warm and inviting. I would love for you to share this at my linky party. http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

Angela

ANNE said...

So pretty! Hope you get to enjoy it this weekend xox

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Nothing like spring and summer flowers to brighten up any spot!

Personally I fertilize once a week with plain old Miracle Grow on all my hanging baskets and pots. A local nursery/greenhouse that sells those huge hanging baskets uses it every time they water but in a diluted form....

Good luck with them!

~Chris

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I have the same rocker on my front porch and I love it. I also bought some new pillows at Target. They have the cutest stuff!

Diane said...

Such a pretty and welcoming porch! I always have red geraniums on my porch in the summer - love that look. Your new Welcome mat is wonderful - great colors!

Patty said...

Your porch looks so nice. I need to get on this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Doesn't Target have the best deals? Love that store. Your front porch looks so pretty. How do you keep the metal bucket on the door from hurting the paint?

Anonymous said...

You have a very pretty porch - looks like a very inviting place to relax and read a magazine. Great job!
Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/ said...

I love your porch! Beautiful!! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Have a great day,Nicole

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and welcoming entry! I love your pretty door! Thank you so much for popping in to see me and I know I'm blessed to still have my mother. I hope your heart is filled with many sweet memories of yours today.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Hey Lady! I hope you had a wonderful mothers day...atleast the first part of it. Sounds like you are in for another treat as well. Very nice! I love all your pretty flowers in your previous post. I wish I had something to tell you about fertilizer but I don't. In fact I posted this same question to my FB friends tonight. I really want some advice on keeping mine looking good this year and on watering them too. Hope your hubby get's your new box made for you soon and you enjoy the second half of your mother's day next weekend.