Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Numbered Stool


Do you have things that aren’t really worth a lot but you would never get rid of them for the life of you? This wood stool is one of those things for me, my mom bought it for me at Walmart in the 90’s. It’s great for extra seating but was a blonde wood, eventually I painted it white and called it done but every time I’d look at it I knew it needed something else added to it. So years later I distressed  and added the number 3! Sanded it too! I still have to wax it also.
after Christmas 020
Then went over it with watered down black paint and wiped it off with a clean rag.
after Christmas 023
You can see the distressing a little better here.
after Christmas 018
I usually keep it in the diningroom next to the bookcase…
after Christmas 022
More distressing!
after Christmas 024
Can you see my floors in the above pics?  I love the Shark, it’s great for laminate floors, I just never felt like my floors were getting clean with a mop or a sponge mop well, this baby sure cleans good I could not believe how dirty the cleaning pad was after I was done! This was at the top of my Christmas list this year!
after Christmas 026
Thanks so much for stopping by, I know I haven’t been on here for about a week but I’ve been organizing and cleaning and truthfully not sleeping well except for last night. Plus trying to get my house put back together after taking all the decorations down. Oh, I did clean out the bottom of my hutch so I’m still living up to my word for the year, just doing baby steps so that I don’t get to tired of doing it.
Also at the very top of my side bar I’ve listed what I’m reading, I love to read so I’ll be changing that as I finish a book then maybe you will want to read it too.
So, I’ll be at these parties, stop by them for a lot of inspiration!
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Rondell  

15 comments:

Brandi said...

I love your stool! Such a cute idea to add the stencil. I recently bought a Shark steam mop too, after using a mop. I love using it. I actually enjoy cleaning the floors now. Haha!

Dawn said...

Your Walmart stool looks great! It has a vintage farmhouse feel now:)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

love the Shark too! Great job on the stool!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

That stool is so cute! And I love that you've had it all these years and have it looking just the way you like it.

Have a great day.
Pam

Unknown said...

What a cool stool-you did a great job with it.
I have a bissel steam machine and I love it with laminate also. I also have a smaller shark "complete" steam machine which is God sent with renting now-amazing how unclean some people can be-yuck. My newest discovery with the little steamer is replacing the iron on delicate fabrics-I don't think I'll iron again unless it's for sewing.
Have a good weekend.

ANNE said...

Nice job!! Happy Saturday :)

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- I do have a few of those "must keep but will redo items"..lol Your stool looks great. I love my Shark, too, and bought one for each one of my girls for a little surprise gift. They both love them, too- xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your stool!! One of those would look great in my farmhouse kitchen.
hugs,
Cindy

Debbie said...

I have a houseful of "must keep" items. Your stool is very cute, and fits perfect with your decor.
Good job staying with your commitment for the new year, Rondell.
xxoo

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love the stool Rondell and I love my shark too!
Have a great week:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell! The little stool is so cute and I like your redo on it! Now I need a little shark. It looks like a very handy little tool. Don't feel bad, I still have up all of my Christmas decorations. We've been so busy I haven't had the time to make the mess it takes to get it all down and put away.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

Kelly said...

I really like how you transformed that stool. Anything distressed and numbered, I love! I don't have a steam mop yet and have been wanting one. I started to get one over the holidays but was worried how they would do with my laminate wood floors. I was worried that a steam mop would be too hot or too wet for them. It sounds like it would be safe though based on your experience! I may need to read up more about it since everyone seems to love their "Shark".

dany chandra said...

I like your post.Very impressive way of writing, appreciate the great information about carpet cleaner northern beaches
many thanks...

Dede said...

Love it!