Monday, October 8, 2012

A Little of This and That

Good morning to you! Did you have a wonderful weekend? Boy, was it fall weather here or what? I don’t think it got up to 50 yesterday and plus it was rainy, gloomy and all that and today looks the same!

I thought I’d share with you some dcor I have in the livingroom.

This one is on the stepback cupboard that hubs built for me a few years back…I’ve always loved it.

The bottom suitcase I found at the fleamarket for $5.00, the round one on the top was from Tuesday Morning, painted it and distressed it! The little cutout witch is from GW for some change, you can put a tea light in back, looks really cute lit. Pumpkin from Dollar Tree!

Fall 2012 010

I finally redid my shelf that hubs also made, mirror is from fleamarket for $3.00, vases from GW, potted greenery from Ikea and frames from here and there repainted. Do you see the picture below the shelf?

Fall 2012 008

Well, I had painted it first with AS Chalkpaint in French Linen but just didn’t look right with the sofa and shelf!

012

So I went with good ole black! I think it looks much better don’t you?

Fall 2012 007

Where did I get the fabric? Well, it’s a  dinner napkin from Pier One, I had been to JoAnn’s and couldn’t find any script writing fabric, when I saw this it was an “ah hah” moment.Smile with tongue out

001

I got the idea from Sonny at 155 Dream Lane, mine isn’t half as nice as her’s but loved the idea of it! I’m also on the look out for some script wrapping paper like Sonny used, anyone know where I could find some?

I have another question for you, I have did pictures in Picmonkey, you know with the borders and text but when I go to my computer for the pictures I can’t find them! Yes, I save them on Picmonkey but I’ve been all over trying to find them but can’t…anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Also a huge Thank You to all that “liked” me on my Facebook, only 14 to go.

I’ll be partying here:

 Newbie/Graduate Party @ Debbiedoo’s

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thur Life

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment so I know you were here!

Rondell♥

 

 

 

14 comments:

Sonny G said...

that looks great Rhondell..I'm surprised there wasnt any script fabric out there.. The wrapping paper is at Ballards and its 25.00 for 3 very large rolls. I buy it at year end clearance but its on their website all the time. OR you could google, script wallpaper- which would be thicker and probably easier to frame. I bet their bunches.
I'll look and send you a few links by email..
that was mighty sweet of you to mention me, I appreciate it.
hugs

Dawn said...

Love the suitcase wit the fall leaves, its just charming. Sorry you have lost your pics.

Cristina Garay said...

It's been really cold around here too! I think we live close by (Wash. DC area), I don't like when the weather changes that drasticaly! oh well.
Everything is looking pretty good, Rondell! I love the frame with the writing fabric and the vignette you created on the cupboard!

must love junk said...

Hi! I just linked to Debbiedoos newbie party, and found your fun blog! I'm now following, and I hope you'll visit :)
Susan

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Rondell your fall vignette above your bookcase looks fabulous!! Love the black shelf too!
I use picmonkey all the time and never have a problem. When you save your edits are you saving them to your desktop?

Gina said...

Your living room decor looks beautiful! I love the display on top of your cupboard...it's so pretty.

Also, you got a new sofa! I didn't realize that.

Anne said...

Yes I do love that shelf in black it really pops out now! LOVE that napkin! What a great idea!
xx
Anne

Cecilia said...

Your this and that look wonderfully Fallish! Just love how you placed everything! Really like your script napkin framed. Very creative!

Kelly said...

I agree that the frame looks better in black with the shelf above it already in black. That was such a good idea to frame that! I love unique art like that. Love that suitcase you found at Goodwill. I can't believe how cheap it was! Great score!

The Tablescaper said...

It looks great!

I host a weekly linky party - Seasonal Sundays - and would love to have you link next Sunday.

- The Tablescaper

Debbiedoos said...

Looks awesome Rondell. Love the suitcase and cute Fall vignette you created with it. Thanks for sharing my friend. Happy Tuesday!~

Ricki Treleaven said...

It has been dreary here, too. I like the frame better in black, I must agree!!!

I hope you have a great rest of the week!

xo,
RJ

Patty said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas. When I use PicMonkey I save to "my pictures" and they are very easy to find.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Brilliant idea to use that napkin...it's the perfect size. When you are saving your pics in PicMonkey make sure they are going in a labeled folder. I name my folders when I upload my pics from Picasa onto my hard drive. Hope you find them!