Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Glue Required


Like my post title? I thought of it while I was doing my craft project for Gina’s Spring’ tacular Link Party Parade. Gina is a wonderful girl and I say girl because she is a lot younger than me and also has been so supportive , always sweet, wonderful comments on my posts…she never dissappoints!!! So today I couldn’t do that to her especially with having her first linky party. I was working on a craft but it is taking a lot longer than I expected, so it isn’t done for today, so I had to think of something real quick and link up to her party before I leave for work!
So here it is my Spring wreath for my front door, remember the green K I bought from my fav store in the whole world HOBBY LOBBY?
P3142640
This is what it looked like without a wreath, looked lost.
P3102597
Then I decided to put this Twig wreath that I had for a few years and cost about $20.00! Looks terrible I know and from the road you could hardly see it, so I decided to fix her up with flowers and ribbon I already had.
P3102601
Now you can sure see it from the road.Smile
P3142642
Can’t wait to put my rocking chair out here!
P3142643
Just pushed everything in real tight like, the pretty, pink tulips are from DT last year, the others are from two bushes I have had for a while and used wire clippers and cut them up to use!
P3142641
Took me 12 minutes to do, I timed it!
P3142644
Sometimes those “hurry up projects’ turn out to be pretty good don’t you think?
Joining Gina’s Craft Spring’tacular linky party today
Thrifty Thursday @ Thrifty Decorating
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ Primp
 

10 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

LOVE your wreath Rondell. I so agree with you on Gina. She has been a very long time friend of mine, and I don't think the girl has ever missed a post or comment on my blog...talk about a loyal friend, you got one in her for sure!!~

NanaDiana said...

THAT looks great! It really fills the door up nicely and you could keep your little K there, Gina will love it-xo Diana

Kelly said...

Your wreath turned out so cute! I'm just like you and need to make sure whatever is on the front door is visible to the road. The flowers you added really make the wreath stand out.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks beautiful against your dark door! Very nice project! Happy Spring! ♥

Gina said...

Thanks for those sweet comments, Rondell! You've made me smile and I wish I could send you a big hug.

Your wreath looks beautiful! I think it was just what that pretty "K" needed! Now your door looks dressed for Spring and very inviting too. Thanks for linking to my party!

xinex said...

Looks really good, very welcoming!..Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell! Oh, how I love your wreath! You did a great job adding your K and all the flowers! Your front door is gorgeous all by itself.
Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Cassidy said...

Wow very spring and very pretty!

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a nice welcome to your home! Love this!

Linking from Random Thoughts :D

xo,
Ricki Jill

Shannon Fox said...

It looks so fresh and pretty! Love the pink tulips you added =) Happy Spring!