Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Primer is On!

 

Hi everyone!I feel like I’ve been away for so long…. and I haven’t been able to get around  to all of your posts on your blogs but doing this sure takes up your spare time plus working part time doesn’t help either! I’m excited though, it’s finally happening, my dream of a white kitchen is coming true!!!  Thank you to all your encouraging comments about painting the kitchen cabinets in my last post it was so appreciated and really got me moving…no tears yet though.LOL

Look, here they are with just the primer on but already what a difference, they actually look brand new! I hunted around for a picture of them before but couldn’t find them and I felt I was just wasting my time because I’m going to go see my grandson today and wanted to get a post on here to let you know how far I’ve got with this project!

PA191584

Not to far but at least it’s started….aren’t they pretty? LOL

PA191579

Now this is my next project after the kitchen is done. I bought this at auction for $40.00 back in the 90’s and had painted it a slate blue, than I gave it to my daughter and her husband painted it barn red! Well, now it’s back with me again and of course it will be cottage white, I’ve already bought the glass knobs for it from Lowe’s!

PA191580

On another note, our fall here was lousy as far as the color of the leaves goes, this tree in our front yard is usually just full of gold leaves but not this year! The leaves this year were just blown off so quick, it just didn’t have a chance to be beautiful and it’s not only this tree you can see in the background how the trees are bare already.

PA191581

My husband was doing yard work yesterday while I painted in the garage and Buster laid in the grass waiting for him to get done! Such a good dog!

PA191577

I think I’ve skipped completely over Halloween this year in a week or so it will be November so I think it’s just going to stay this way! As you can see the bush got trimmed.LOL

PA191583

That’s about it guy’s, that’s all I’ve been doing, tomorrow I have a hair appt. and that takes up some time so wanted to get back on here to visit with you! I hope your fall weather is wonderful, it’s cold and windy here in Pa!

I’ll be joining these party’s:

Show and Tell Friday

Wow Us Wednesday

Potpourri Party @ 2805

Friday’s Unfolded

10 comments:

Sonny G said...

They are looking GREAT already.. I am so dang happy for you. I need to find mine so you can see the before and after and what "FUN" we had lol.
Keep up the great work and you'll be stylin it for the Holidays in no time.

Sonny

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

You will LOVE them painted!! I painted mine and have not regretted it one bit! I LOVE them! My countertops are black too! lol I did mine a section at a time so I didn't get overwhelmed....keep it up!

Can't wait to see them finished!

Lou Cinda ;)

Gina said...

You will not be sorry for painting your cabinets Rondell. I did mine over 2 years ago & I think it's the best thing I ever did! They're going to look great, I know it.

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- You will be so pleased when you are all done. I know how overwhelming it gets when you are working AND trying to get things done. Can't wait to see the finished product...xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Looks good! You will love them! I just did mine and adore them! That cabinet is gonna look super cute white! Post pics when you get all done! Traci

Debbiedoos said...

Oh boy, you are coming along here nicely Rondell. Very excited to see the end result. Thanks for the like on FB.

cynthia lee designs said...

It's cold and rainy here in Ohio too.
Your cabinets are looking great!! I painted my upper cabinets white a long time ago and now I need to get the bottoms ones done. Can't wait to see your kitchen when you get it all finished.
hugs,
Cindy

andrea@townandprairie said...

wait! I see you're using Valspar...I use that all the time, too. Keep us posted how the primer and paint hold up while you work and how you feel about the quality of the paint on your cabs. It's prob the same paint I will use! andrea@townandprairie

Honey at 2805 said...

I am anxious to see how your project turns out. I want to paint my kitchen cabinets white too!

Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. You participation is appreciated!

Chris said...

Hi Rondell, the kitchen cupboard look great. I bet you will be so happy with them when they are finished. The dog is cute also. I found and am now following you through Show And Tell Friday, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris