Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another Rooster Lamp!

Hello everyone! We are finally having warmer temps here, believe me it was cold for the last couple days, I had to get out my boots!  So I’m sort of glad to see the sun shining again, I hope it’s shining too where ever you are♥

What have I been doing since Friday? Well, I worked Saturday and Sunday, Monday I cleaned the house which needed it plus pinning has worked it’s way into my life! Yes, I’m addicted to it, never thought I would be because at first I really didn’t care for it then I found out how to do everything and that was it! My son Michael and fiancé Corrie came home for the weekend to check out some places for their wedding in 2013! Which is exciting, so I showed her Pinterest and invited her! I showed her how she could keep everything that she loved for the wedding in one place and refer back to it, she was thrilled!

I ordered this rooster lamp from Ebay and it finally came, isn’t it cute! I have it on my kitchen counter. The shade is just to cute with the boa feathers!

PA051528

He’s black with a silver finish on him! He cost me $8.00 plus shipping but I think he was worth it!

PA051526

At first I had put him on a small wooden box I’ve had for years but it was to high looking!PA051522

Brought out two more cutting boards that I’ve had! This is also the true color of my walls and the counter which I hope to someday change to black!

PA051523

My kitchen will have white painted cabinets with black counters and some of the doors will be left off too! I have a few yelloware bowls so I may put them on top of the cabinets with some more roosters, we will see how that goes and looks!

PA051529

I hope you liked him and thanks for stopping by!

Thanks you ladies for hosting these fun linky parties!

I’m joining these parties:

Wow Us Wednesdays

Primp Your Stuff Wednesday

Open House Party

Fall in Love With Your Home

PS. I’m having alot of trouble leaving a comment, like so many of us are, I downloaded Google Chrome and it still hasn’t helped. I just wanted you to know that I have tried.

16 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I have the same lamp in red, it looks great in black too!

Ispirato Design said...

What a great buy- I can't believe it was only eight bucks! I love black and white checks. Happy pinning :)

Michele Smith said...

You know how I feel about that roo lamp! ;) I had my eye on him too LOL Great buy, and I love the black and white checks.
We have beautiful weather here. Its really nice during the day but chilly at night and morning.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Love your lamp and it was a great buy!

Have a great day! :)

Tammy

Gina said...

What a great lamp & you can't beat that price!

It took me awhile to adjust to Pinterest, but I'm addicted now too.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I have that lamp in red. I love the black one. Hmmm, may paint mine black. Great bread or cutting board collection.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Love your lamp and cutting boards!

Susan said...

That rooster lamp is just too cute. I have a rooster lamp that needs a makeover. I keep looking for the perfect shade!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I have that same lamp!! And ironically, it is on my blog today! It is so cute and looks great in your kitchen!

I love the lamp too :)

Lou Cinda

Susan Freeman said...

Love the rooster lamp. I will be anxious to see the changes in your kitchen!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Ricki Treleaven said...

That little corner of your kitchen is so cute. I love the cutting boards and lamp!

Decor To Adore said...

One can never have enough cute lamps!

Thank you SO very much for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Your rooster lamp is something special! I have a 'thing' for roosters too and we have a few around the house here in Australia. Thank you for the pictures. God bless x

Unknown said...

Hi. My Mother In Law HAD this same lamp...from QVC until my son accidentally broke it. Would you be willing to re sell to me? tocharlette@yahoo.com. 😕

Unknown said...

Hi. My Mother In Law HAD this same lamp...from QVC until my son accidentally broke it. Would you be willing to re sell to me? tocharlette@yahoo.com. 😕

Unknown said...

Hi, again. I can send you a pic. of the lamp and could offer $25. plus postage to n.j. if you could see your way clear to selling it. Hopefully..,