Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Day Our Hearts Cried!

 

Out of all the photos I have seen of the terror of 911, I think this one grabbed my heart just a little harder !

JDP

Rescuers carry Father Mychal Judge's body from Tower One. He was the first and most famous victim of the World Trade Center attack.

We visited Ground Zero a year after 911, my feelings were of eeriness, quietness and feeling so helpless and also looking up to see a plane fly over. When my husband (boyfriend back then) asked if I was ready to go I said “yes” so fast…the images I saw are forever in my mind!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am drying my eyes after reading the article about Father Mychal. May God bless all of those lost on 9/11, our firefighters/police and God bless America!