Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day!

 

007

 

This is my son Michael, no he's not a dad yet:) Although he is old enough, 35 years old but not married yet, he lives in Annapolis, Maryland and just became a homeowner this past year, Annapolis is about 4 hours away from us so I do get to see him on holidays and weekends, he came home this weekend and is golfing and I’m dogsitting he dog:) The reason I showed you his picture is because he is the "picture" of my dad, same mouth, same eyes and yes, if he styled his hair in the 30's look, same hair although he has it covered here in the "cool" style.

012

 

My dad is in his 20's in this photo and I don't blame mom one bit for falling in love with him, I think he is quite handsome, mom told me once that they meant at a carnival on the ferris wheel, little did they know that WWII would seperate them four long years. He was a very hard working man and loved his garden, I think my love of vegetables is all because of him, he would explain to me how each vegetable was good for my body:) to this day I think the only vegetable I don't like is eggplant! I would give anything to eat his corn and tomatoes again....sigh.  I was the baby of the four children and was his little girl…even at the age of 60 those feeling and memories just don’t go away…Love and miss you dad♥ 

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a great tribute to your father! Your son does look just like him. I hope your Dad lived long enough to get to know your son. I was very close with my father too...and have always regretted that he passed before my last 3 children were born. My youngest son..is JUST LIKE my Dad. xo Diana

Debbie said...

Hi Rondell~your tribute to your Dad is so nice. Your son does look like him!
I miss calling my Dad every Sunday night...especially this Sunday night.
Hugs,
Debbie

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is a very sweet tribute, Rondell! Your handsome son does look like his grandfather!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

So sweet. He sounds like he was a GREAT father. :) Hope you had a good day. ~Crystal