Tuesday, February 8, 2011

On a Snowy Day!



Hi everyone! Here it is Tuesday already, the weeks are flying by even though it’s still doing this…snowing of course, I work this evening and by the time I get out of work it will be 9 degrees…can’t wait!
P2080231
So I’ve been keeping busy inside where it is warm and cozy, you all have to admit we sure are getting some projects done with this winter weather we are having! I’ve also been busy looking at ebay since I had a gift card from Christmas.
I found this Pottery Barn diningroom chair cover and thought I’d bid since the seller had it for .99, someone had already bid so I waited until 2 mins left on the auction and I won! I got it for $1.70 plus 5.00 shipping!

Here it is in my bedroom, I have some ideas for that room next:) I’ve been looking at GW for a nightstand /end table to redo and painting the chair the cover is on from aqua to white…anyway a nice place to sit and put my boots on! I do have a smaller chair in the basement that I might try though!
P2080221
I’ve also been busy painting this old washstand that had been stained oak, I never liked it but never redid it, I’m so glad I painted it. It gave the old girl some spunk!

P2070215
I’m leaving the top unpainted and staining it walnut and if I don’t like it I’ll paint over it, the paint is Behr Cafe Blue and I just bought two samples of it and only used a half and this is just using two coats!!!  I’ll show you the finished washstand soon, tomorrow I’m going to Home Depot to get new hardware for it.
P2080228
I also finally got these PB curtains up and I love them so much privacy but it lets the light in which is great!
P2080229
This photo is coming out of my hallway…I want to get slipcovers for the couch and wing back chair in natural and don’t know whether to paint the stand below the clock or not. You can see the diningroom in the background, the hutch is also waiting on some new hardware. I guess it’s just taking baby steps to get where I want it!
P2080222
I guess we all know that the Steeler’s lost and it’s taken me a day to get over it…here’s my son’s car before the game Sunday.
P2060214
I bought chalkboard paint and did this to a GW picture, it will be above the washstand.  P2070216
It needs stained but I’ll have to do it in the garage because of fumes or maybe buy the deco art stain at JoAnn’s, never thought to do that:)
‘Knockin on 7’s Door will have to wait for next year, the Packer’s played great, the Steeler’s not so much BUT we will be back!!!
I’m linking to My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Tuesday's Treasures! Thanks Kristen!,
Save Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday! Thanks Kim,
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday! Thanks Linda,
Domestically Speaking Power of Paint Party! Thanks Mary Ann
Rondell

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo $1.70! I never win bids like. The slipcover is darling! I love anything with a slipcover. Do I have any? No. I need to remedy that! You have been busy painting, too! I love seeing all the transformations your making to your home. Everything looks ahhmazing :) Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a great deal you got on the slipcover!! It looks wonderful on your chair!! I have an old chair in my living room that we rescued from the trash and I want to get a cover for it...not sure if I can find one or if I will have to make it.
I love the picture where we can see your living room and kitchen...your change in styles is looking awesome!! I'm on hold with mine right now...my back in out and the doctor said I have to try it easy for a while. So...I've been looking through magazines, books, and on-line getting lots of inspiration!!
Take care and stay warm...we are getting those cold temps too.
~Cindy~

NanaDiana said...

Love the slipcover and you couldn't buy the fabric for the cost of bid and shipping. Love all that you are doing to your home. It does take a while to get everything the way we want it, doesn't it? And, then you make changes all over again!;>)

I actually like the little black commode beneath your clock-black as it is...I think it just adds a nice little bit of drama and pops out the black clock too.

We live in Green Bay,WI so as you can imagine we are over the moon here. My kids all went to the welcome home party at Lambeau Field today. Attending school yesterday and today was optional...so that they could go see the Packers arrive home and attend the greet & meet today. Is that crazy, or what? PA was my home state but I didn't dare say a word of GO Steelers round here! Hugs- Diana

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Love all your photos with your new camera! I bet you are having fun with it. :)

I love that blue/grey paint you used on your little cabinet. I'll have to look for that!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Love the slip cover, what a deal! and the wash stand looks good all dressed in blue.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love the color you use on your little cabinet1 I think you'll like the dark walnut top once you get it stained.

Megan Gunyan said...

Those are some great projects. You're so productive! We're dealing with sub-zero temperatures here and all I want to do is go to BED and get warm! ;)