Thursday, February 3, 2011

Neat Things at Marshall’s and GW!


Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing okay with the cold weather and snow, boy, was it cold last night when I left work at 10PM the wind was blowing so hard and making it even colder. Thank goodness I made it home safely!
I have been busy with the hutch/china cabinet just have to get new hardware for it and it will be done, took me awhile but I’m loven it and wish I’d got to do it sooner. Two pieces of furniture have to be moved out of the dining room before I show it to you.  I’m sure it will make the dining room look alot bigger.
P2020180 
I ’d like to show you some neat things I’ve found at Marshall’s and GW. Going around the bend from one aisle to another I stopped the cart when my eyes saw this square trunk, they had a bigger one but I sorted of liked the smaller one and at $26.00 I was happy I thought it would be alot more.
P2020181
I love the postage look to it, I’m so thrilled to have it, I just put it here for now…I don’t know which way I’m going with my decorating, I like shabby chic but not to much of the frilly stuff, I love Pottery Barn too so I guess it going to be a mixture of both and that’s okay because I’m having so much fun♥
I found this topiary on clearance for $7.00, you can’t tell from the photo but the container is distressed, they only had one wish it had been two so I could put one on each side of the mantel. Maybe someday I’ll find another…maybe at GW? Wouldn’t  surprise me! I just noticed the nails for the Christmas stockings.LOL Have to get rid of those!
P2020184
Now for GW!
P2020179
I don’t know what it is, plant stand maybe? It was only $2.99 and I figured I could paint it (which I probably will, I’m dangerous with a paintbrush lately) right now it’s black and silver. I think it would look great on the porch this spring too, if that ever comes!
P2020173
I found these Christmas salad plates at GW for .50 a piece, there were 4, I have it sitting in my cupboard, I thought they would be pretty with the ironstone I have if I don’t want to use the snowflake dishes. I don’t even want to think of Christmas 2011 :)
Here’s the writing on the back date is 1982.
P2020174

Well, I have meatballs on for supper, spaghetti for tonight, Chris is here and wanted some, what to do, he’s my baby even at 30! LOL
Hopefully I’ll be back soon to show you the dining room, Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday so we will be having a party here to celebrate the the champs…I mean Steelers:)

 

I’m linking up to Cindy@My Romantic Home for Show and Tell, thanks Cindy!

Also Flaunt it Friday @Chic on a Shoestring thanks Kate!



Rondell

10 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

You had a great day!!~ I love the trunk too..really cool.

Ellen said...

You do seem to have a knack for finding the fabulous buys. I love the storage cube! Very Pottery Barn. The hutch is a beaut by the way!!

Stay safe and warm.

xoxo,
Ellen

NanaDiana said...

Cute trunk and I actually LOVE that little stand..it will be darling all painted up. So, will it be okay if I vist you after THE GREEN BAY PACKERS BEAT THE STEELERS? Just asking cuz you know we live in GB and I got 2 boys enroute to the SuperBowl game right now! lol...and they are going to see any losers!

I worked until 9pm last night too and had to trudge through the wind and cold to my car. I am still at work now too and have one more day of this awful schedule.

Hope your night is a good one. Hugs-Diaan

Southern Fried Gal said...

Oh my word - that stand is awesome and for only $3??? What a steal! The trunk is really cute, too.

Have fun finding your style!

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I heart your little trunk! Soooo cute! Can't wait to see your hutch and dining room!

Happy meatballs!
xo,
Michelle

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the trunk!! We have a Marshall's about 10 minutes from where I live...it is one of my favorite stores to look for home decor. A lot of my white pitchers came from there.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Of all my readers...I know that you really understand where I'm coming from with my decorating style. Hope to get busy with many makeover projects.
Cindy

Gina said...

Looks like you had a great shopping day! The trunk is fabulous & I love the pointsettia dishes too.

Debbie said...

Woohooo! you found some terrific stuff Rondell! The trunk is so cute, and I love the dessert plates! I'm anxious to see your diningroom all prettied up.
Have a nice weekend.
Debbie@lakehouse

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Oh, my gosh I love that trunk!

I need one. :)

Okie Chic said...

Love that trunk super cute. And that stand thing use to have a birdhouse on top of it. I had one a few years ago just like it.