Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Project of 2011 and Some Wedding Photos

Here is my first project for 2011, took me a while but I did it!!! I think I made it to full and one mistake was not wrapping the foam wreath with ribbon but live and learn:) I’m proud of it, never really crafted before this new blog, oh sure I did the samplers but that’s all I did and maybe painted a few things black. When I saw these though in blogland I really wanted to make one.100_3699
Now should I keep it here on the hutch? (BTW the computer in the corner will soon be out of there, Mr. K found a roll top computer desk on Craigslist for $200.00 but got him down to $170.00 and it’s in great condition to boot!) Also took out the snowflake dishes and put them done below after I threw out some fabric that I won’t be using, I guess I did a little organizing today too:) I’m vowing to live the motto of “If you haven’t used or worn it in a year, throw it out or donate”!
100_3700
Or here above the couch? I had a Christmas wreath there and loved it. I did try to make a book wreath but it didn’t turn out to good, after trying this one though I’ll be giving it another try.
 100_3712
Now here are some pics of the wedding, my two granddaughters were flower girls and Jenn, the bride was so beautiful as was the wedding.
The bride with her matron of honor Magen.
100_3682

Sydney and Samantha with the bridesmaids.
100_3668
The back of their hair, sorry for the blur, guess you can tell I didn’t get a camera for Christmas:)
100_3686
Samantha with my daughter Michele!
100_3683
Sydney is the oldest granddaughter 9…her and I.
100_3689
Mr. K with me and the grands♥
100_3676
We had a wonderful time, we arrived there in Greensboro, North Carolina Dec. 30th and stayed until Jan. 2nd. I’ll share pics of our New Years Eve party soon. BTW the wedding was held on New Years Day and the reception was held at the Magnolia Home Plantation, beautiful place and I didn’t get one pic because I was having to good of time♥
100_3697
I did get this though Samantha and my granddaughter Alex rockin!
I’m linking up to these par-tay’s
The Shabby Nest
My Romantic Home
shabbynestbutton 
show_and_tell_fridays
Rondell

18 comments:

Dede said...

I really like it on the china cabinet :) Great job! Love the pics from the wedding, you look great and the little ones look gorgeous :)

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love your new wreath! I've been seeing those around blogland as well.

Oh my, do I love those bridesmaid dresses! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty wreath! I like it on the hutch! Good job at craftng! Traci

Anonymous said...

Rondell,
Your granddaughters look so pretty!

I love the wreath that you made! I really like it hanging from the shelf...I love how it looks with the things on the shelf and the pictures on either side.
~Cindy~

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

It looks like it was a good time! Your granddaughters are so cute!

I like your wreath. It's so yummy with the black ribbon!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

fun wreath!! I'm itching to make something with the coffee filters!

the wedding looks lovely!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Great job on the wreath!! And what a gorgeous wedding!! I just love weddings and seeing beautiful brides! :)

Debbiedoos said...

Nice job! I like it on the hutch. However the beauty of it, is that YOU can move it from place to place.

Stephanie said...

Well you did a great job on your wreath. But I like it above the couch. It looks too heavy visually on the hutch. Beautiful wedding for sure! I saw your comment on freckled laundry and clicked over:)

Katherine said...

Love that wreath and it looks great on your china cabinet. You have a lovely family there- I know you are proud! Thanks so much for swinging by and leaving me a sweet comment! Have a great weekend!

Sandy said...

Your wreath is very nice.. It's the first I've seen this and wondered what you made it of?
Looks like the family had a great time at the wedding... thanks for your visit today and I'm glad to have made you smile..
thanks
Sandy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the wreath..it will be perfect for all seasons! And the wedding photos are beautiful! Looks like everyone was smiling! Lovely! ♥

Janie Fox said...

Great wreath! Thanks for the friendly blog welcome!! Aren't grandkids the best!!?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell! How are ya? Your wreath turned out amazing! I can't believe it's your first. Love how full it is. It looks perfect in its place. I always forget to wrap the wreath part first, too. Ugh!
Your grand-daughters looked so cute! Being a flower girl is such a fun experience! Looks like you had fun! I'll be back to see pics of your visit to NC.

Take care! ~Michelle

A Vintage Vine said...

I really like the wreath, it is so full! Which makes it look really professional. Funny you posted this...today it is snowing in Dallas and is very cold! So my daughhter and I made a wreath for my mantel. Thanks for visiting my blog I have enjoyed yours too!

Ellen said...

I am soo loving the wreath Girl!! Make one for me?? ;)) I love the wedding pictures. All the beautiful faces and smiles and flowers....

I have an award for you to pick up whenever you are ready, just come and get it!!

xoxo,
Ellen

Ana said...

Hi Rondell,
Your wreath turned out awesome...Love the white and black contrast of the ribbon. You could probably change it to red for Valentine's...How cute would that be? I can't wait to start on my first project of the new year.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wonderful photos, Rondell...you look so pretty!!